For areas with excessive noise, such as in manufacturing areas with noise levels approaching or above 100 db., CPS offers the exclusive Sound Stop 50 (Sound Transmission Class 50) and Sound Stop 60 (Sound Transmission Class 60) systems. **
CPS Sound Sto Systems reduce noise by increasing the mass of the floor, walls and roof – breaking the noise vibration path, upgrading the noise absorption and making the building as air tight as possible.
CPS Sound Stop Systems include:
To increase mass
- 1 or 2 layers of Gyproc sheathing inside and outside of framing.
- Triple glazed window
- Insulated steel doors, with sound seals and insulated glass
To break vibration path
- Noise stop board
- Optional resilient metal channels
- Anti-vibration paids under floor risers
- Seal all joints to make building air tight
To absorb noise
- Fibreglass cavity insulation
** Noise reduction figures for both CPS structures were determined by independent sound testing laboratories. Decibel rating may vary depending on noise frequency (hz).